Artificial intelligence is increasingly being adopted across multiple sectors because of its potential to transform the way we forecast, model and manage uncertainty. New AI tools and models promise a step change in how we detect threats and make decisions. However, their adoption and management presents new challenges for business leaders, policy makers and strategic risk professionals.
Throughout 2023, the ISRM hosted a series of events that have addressed the growing role of AI in risk management. Our discussions have spanned across various sectors, and now, we are delighted to bring this together with a two-day Virtual Conference on the 21st and 22nd of November – The State of AI in Risk Management.
The conference will serve as a platform for discussion on the latest advancements in AI-powered management of complex risks, emerging challenges in organisations’ global threat environments, and practical considerations for business leaders looking to better use AI to improve decision making.
Tuesday 21st November 09.00-10.30 /GMT/
Artificial Intelligence in Risk Management: Opportunities and Challenges in 2023 – Introductory address and discussion on the recent step change in AI-powered risk management tools, and constraints in the way organisations can use them.
- Piotr Senkus, Warsaw University, Co-founder of the BPM Competence Center, leading research and development projects in business process management, reorganization, and artificial intelligence.
- Mads Paerregaard, Founder / CEO, Human Risks
- Andrew Tollinton, CEO, SIRV
Tuesday 21st November 16.00-17.30 /GMT/
New Liabilities: AI Risk Governance in an Evolving Regulatory Environment – Panel discussion on the evolving global regulatory environment around AI tools and automated models in decision making, and what this means for risk owners and company directors.
- Mick O’Connell, United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute
- Dr Nourhan Moussa, Senior Legal Specialist (Cybercrime and International law), USAID
- Hart Brown, CEO, Future Point of View
- Pauline Norstrom, Founder, Anekanta AI
Wednesday, 22nd November 09.00-10.30 /GMT/
Managing 21st Century Crises: AI Tools in Organisational Crisis Management – Case study session: Real-world examples of tools for corporate crisis management, challenges and opportunities for supercharging management of complex disruption.
- Mark Nutall, Director, Thomson Reuters; Chair, ISRM UAE
- Dotan Sagi, CEO, Cinten
- Peter Joyce, CEO, Inform Tech Plus
Wednesday, 22nd November 16.00-17.30 /GMT/
AI and the Evolution of 21st Century Mega Projects – Closing discussion on the ever-increasing scale and complexity of modern mega projects, and the opportunities AI to improve performance and outcomes.
- Muttahir Salim, Middle East Security Lead, Buro Happold
- Scott Weiner, Managing Consultant, Atkins
- Dr Scott Christianson, Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), Robert Trulaske College of Business, University of Missouri
- Danyetta Fleming, CEO, Covenant Security Solutuioins Intl; Fellow, Institute for Critical Infrastructure Technology