We are pleased to announce that the Institute of Strategic Risk Management (ISRM) is ready for the Global Journal, 3rd Edition!
Call for Papers
The next ISRM Global Journal issue will be published in late-September 2023, and we are calling for papers from risk and resilience management professionals, as well as academics from related fields, who would like to share their experience and insights with their colleagues.
We are aligning this publication with a significant ISRM event, namely the launch of the ISRM Centre for the Study of Wicked Problems (CSWP). Subsequently, although submissions concerning all aspects of risk and resilience are indeed welcome, we are encouraging a particular focus to be on “Wicked Problems”.
Deadline for Submission
The deadline for submissions is Monday 28th August 2023. Submissions can either be opinion pieces or peer-reviewed articles, guidelines for which are detailed below.
Authors are required to submit with their papers:
- a suitable high-definition professional headshot;
- a brief biography (approx. 100 words);
- and 2 or 3 quotes/extracts from the paper that best captures its key points.
- To be original in content, and to provide appropriate references where other content is indeed included. The responsibility for originality and plagiarism issues remains with the author, not the Institute of Strategic Risk Management (ISRM).
- Make a contribution to business practice, and have not been previously published elsewhere.
- Provide opinions and insights, as well as practical information on how to deal with contemporary risk and resilience management issues.
- Not be commercial in nature (i.e. advertising or publicising a service or product)
- Author/s to include a statement regarding conflicts of interest.
- Articles should be submitted in Word and double spaced.
- Harvard referencing should be utilised as appropriate.
- Suggested paper length: 800 to 1500 words
- All of the guidelines above, plus:
- Answer the “so what” question.
- Address the implications/impacts for business practitioners, supported by appropriate practical examples (where applicable).
- Suggested article length/s:
- Empirical article <5,000 words excluding title page, abstract & references
- Review <4,000 words excluding title page, abstract & references
- Meta-analysis <4,000 words excluding title page, abstract & references
- Case history <3,000 words excluding title page, abstract & references
Role of ISRM Journal Peer Review Committee:
- Reviewers may offer comments and suggestions for further revision, or reject the paper.
- Final copy-editing may occur to ensure a professional standard is maintained.
- Once the paper has been accepted for publication, the publication date will be advised.
As the deadline is indeed approaching, we encourage those interested in submitting an article to make contact with us as soon as possible.
Journal Editor: Dr Paul Johnston