We are pleased to announce that the Institute of Strategic Risk Management (ISRM) Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) Journal is ready for the Global Edition 2023!
Call for Papers
The next journal issue will be published in late-March 2023, and we are calling for papers from risk and resilience management professionals who would like to share their experience and insights with their colleagues.
Aligning with the Australian CIS (Cyber and Infrastructure Security) Conference 2023, the theme for this edition is “Cyber Security & Critical Infrastructure” – and we are looking to publish 18 papers in total. Papers will be chosen based on the grounds of relevance, quality, and significance. Papers may also be chosen, at the editor’s discretion, for inclusion in future journal issues.
Deadline for Submission
The deadline for submissions is Friday 24th February 2023. Submissions can either be opinion pieces or peer-reviewed articles, guidelines for which are detailed below.
Authors are required to submit with their papers:
- a suitable high-definition professional headshot;
- a brief biography (approx. 100 words);
- and 2 or 3 quotes/extracts from the paper that best captures its key points.
- To be original in content, and to provide appropriate references where other content is indeed included. The responsibility for originality and plagiarism issues remains with the author, not the Institute of Strategic Risk Management (ISRM).
- Make a contribution to business practice, and have not been previously published elsewhere.
- Provide opinions and insights, as well as practical information on how to deal with contemporary risk and resilience management issues.
- Not be commercial in nature (i.e. advertising or publicising a service or product)
- Author/s to include a statement regarding conflicts of interest.
- Papers should be submitted in Word and double spaced.
- Harvard referencing should be utilised as appropriate.
- Suggested paper length: 800 to 1500 words
All of the guidelines above, plus:
- Answer the “so what” question.
- Address the implications/impacts for business practitioners, supported by appropriate practical examples (where applicable).
- Suggested article length/s:
- Empirical article <5,000 words excluding title page, abstract & references
- Review <4,000 words excluding title page, abstract & references
- Meta-analysis <4,000 words excluding title page, abstract & references
- Case history <3,000 words excluding title page, abstract & references
Role of ISRM Journal Peer Review Committee:
- Reviewers may offer comments and suggestions for further revision, or reject the paper.
- Final copy-editing may occur to ensure a professional standard is maintained.
- Once the paper has been accepted for publication, the publication date will be advised.